You already know the magic of tape-in extensions for boosting your hair with lovely length and volume. But keeping those artificial strands looking fab requires some care. From washing to styling, we’ve got your complete guide to tape-in aftercare. You’ll learn the best practices for maintaining and maximizing the life of your hair extensions. We’re sharing pro tips to help you avoid tangles, keep bonds secure, and make your hair look and feel amazing. Get ready to become a tape-in care expert!
|Table of Contents
|Getting to Know Tape-in Extensions
|Benefits of Tape-in Extensions
|How to Care for Your Tape-in Human Hair Extensions
|Tips for Making Tape-in Extensions Last Longer
|FAQs About Tape Hair Extensions
An Introduction to Tape-in Hair Extensions
Remy Tape-in hair extensions are one of the most popular methods for adding length and volume. They involve bonding hair extensions to your natural hair using double-sided tape tabs. The tape tabs have a strong adhesive on each side to securely bond extensions to hair strands.
The extensions are made of 100% human hair and can be fully customized to match your hair’s color, texture, and length. They create a very natural look and can last up to 6-8 weeks before needing to be reattached. To prolong the life of tape-in extensions, it’s important to properly care for them. Here are some tips:
- Wash extensions every 3-4 days using a mild shampoo and conditioner. Gently detangle hair with a wide-tooth comb and air dry or blow dry on a low heat setting. Avoid harsh shampoos, heat styling tools, and rough handling which can damage the extensions.
- Do not scrub the scalp vigorously. Gently massage shampoo into the roots and along the tape tab edges. Rinse well with water to remove all product residue.
- Limit use of hair products which can build up on the tape tabs and cause irritation. Opt for lightweight, natural products when possible.
- Brush extensions regularly with a loop brush to prevent matting and tangling. Start from the ends and work upwards using gentle, even strokes.
- Schedule re-taping appointments every 4 to 6 weeks to avoid any damage to your natural hair. Tape-in extensions need to be properly removed and reapplied by a trained stylist.
- Limit activities that cause excess sweating like intense workouts for the first few days after application. Sweat and moisture can weaken the tape bonds before they fully adhere.
With proper aftercare and maintenance, tape-in extensions can give you a Stunning hair without damaging your natural hair. Enjoy your new beautiful hair!
The Benefits of Tape-in Extensions for Thinning Hair
Tape-in extensions are a game changer for those dealing with thinning hair or hair loss. Here are some of the main benefits:
- Added Volume:- The extensions are made from natural human hair and can provide an instant volume boost, making hair appear fuller and thicker.
- Length:- If your hair has become shorter due to breakage or hair loss, tape-in extensions can help you regain length and provide more styling options.
- Protection:- The extensions can help protect fragile or thinning hair from environmental damage by acting as an extra layer. They also prevent further breakage by taking tension off of your natural hair.
- Low Maintenance:- Tape-in extensions require minimal upkeep and can last up to 8 weeks before needing to be re-taped. They are easy to care for and style as you normally would.
- Reusable:- The extensions can be removed, re-taped and re-used multiple times. With proper care and maintenance, a set of tape-in extensions can last 6-12 months. This makes them a very economical solution for hair loss or thinning hair.
- Natural Look:- High-quality tape-in extensions are made from human hair that is carefully matched to your natural hair color and texture. When properly applied, they blend in seamlessly and look completely natural. No one will know you’re wearing them!
- Confidence Boost:- For many women dealing with hair loss, tape-in extensions for women can help restore confidence by providing an instant transformation. They allow you to achieve looks you thought were no longer possible with thinning or short hair.
With so many benefits and such an affordable investment, tape-in extensions are worth considering if you’re looking for a solution to add volume, length and fullness to thinning or short hair. Speak to your stylist to explore if they’re right for you.
How to Care for Your Tape-in Human Hair Extensions
Once your tape-in extensions are installed, it’s important to properly care for them to keep your hair looking its best and to maximize the lifespan of your extensions. With the right maintenance routine, your tape-in extensions can last up to 6-8 weeks before needing to be re-taped.
You should wash your tape-in human hair extensions 2-3 times a week using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Gently massage your scalp and run your fingers through your hair to loosen any dirt or oils. Rinse thoroughly with water and gently blot dry with a towel. Avoid rubbing your hair vigorously with a towel, as this can cause frizz and tangle the extensions.
Use a wide-tooth comb or paddle brush to gently detangle your hair extensions starting from the ends and working up towards your roots. Work slowly and be very gentle, especially for the first week, to avoid pulling on the tape bonds. Brush your extensions at least once a day to prevent matting and tangling.
You can style your quality tape-in extensions as desired using heat tools like blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons. However, use the proper heat setting and keep tools moving to avoid damaging the extensions. For best results, style in sections and avoid harsh chemicals for the first few washes. Tie hair back or braid before bed to prevent tangling while you sleep.
The tape bonds securing your extensions will need to be re-taped every 4 to 6 weeks to maintain their hold. See your stylist to have the old tape removed and fresh tape reapplied. Re-fixing the bonds helps ensure your extensions remain securely fastened so you can continue enjoying your new, longer hair.
With regular care and maintenance, tape-in human hair extensions for women can provide natural-looking length and volume for months. Be gentle, take it slow, and follow these tips to keep your Remy hair extensions looking their best. If you do notice any excess shedding, irritation or other issues, consult your stylist right away.
Tips for Making Tape-in Extensions Last Longer
To maximize the lifespan of your tape-in extensions, follow these helpful tips:
- Wash extensions 2-3 times a week
- Avoid using oil-based hair products
- Gently brush extensions
- Reduce stress on extensions
- Touch up tapes when needed
- Limit sun exposure
- Remove extensions properly
- Give your natural hair a break
Wash extensions 2-3 times a week
Washing removes oil, dirt and product buildup that can damage the bonds and cause extensions to loosen or fall out too soon. Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner made for color-treated hair. Limit use of heat tools which can dry out extensions.
Avoid using oil-based hair products
Products containing heavy oils and greases can break down the adhesive on the tape bonds. Opt for lighter leave-in conditioners and hair serums instead.
Gently brush extensions
Brush extensions using a wide-tooth comb or paddle brush after washing to detangle. Start at the ends and work upwards. Avoid harsh tugging or pulling on the roots.
Reduce stress on extensions
Excessive pressure from tightly styled hair can strain both the hair and bonds. Give your extensions a break by avoiding tight ponytails, buns, or braids whenever possible.
Touch up tapes when needed
Have a stylist check your tapes every 4 to 6 weeks and replace any that are damaged or loose. New tapes should be placed slightly offset from the previous position to avoid potential hair damage.
Limit sun exposure
Too much sun and heat can fade extensions and weaken bonds. Wear a UV-protectant spray when outside and limit time in very hot, humid weather when possible.
Remove extensions properly
Have a stylist properly remove your tape-in extensions to avoid pulling out your natural hair. Do not attempt to remove them yourself.
Give your natural hair a break
Once tape-ins are removed, give your natural hair a 1 to 2 week break before reapplying extensions. This gives your hair and scalp time to recover and helps prevent potential damage.
Following these tips will help your tape-in extensions look natural and last longer. Be gentle with your extensions and get them professionally serviced regularly.
FAQs About Tape Hair Extensions in Mumbai: Your Top Questions Answered
Now that you’ve got the basics down about tape-in extensions, you probably have a few remaining questions. We’ve got you covered with answers to the most frequently asked questions about tape-in hair extensions in Mumbai.
With proper care and maintenance, tape-in extensions can last up to 1.5 – 2 months before needing to be re-taped. The hair itself can last up to 1.5 years. Based on proper maintenance & care. Be sure to schedule regular re-taping appointments with your stylist to avoid any damage to your natural hair.
Yes, tape-in extensions can be colored and highlighted to match your natural hair or achieve a new look. However, coloring extensions may reduce their lifespan slightly. It’s best to color them while they’re taped in to ensure an even, natural-looking result. Consult your stylist for their recommendation based on your hair type and needs.
You’ll want to treat your tape-in extensions with the same care and styling techniques as your natural hair. Gently shampoo and condition your extensions with sulfate-free products and avoid harsh chemicals. Comb them and style as desired while damp, then avoid excessive heat which can cause damage. Limit use of hot tools to 1-2 times per week. Your stylist can provide specific product and styling recommendations based on your hair type.
The cost of tape-in extensions in Mumbai can vary depending on the quality, length, and volume of hair used. On average, you can expect to pay approximately 32000 INR for double drawn Remy hair. Maintenance appointments for re-taping every 1.5-2 months. Price will depend on your stylist’s experience and expertise.
Yes, you can absolutely exercise and be active with tape-in extensions. However, take some precautions to avoid damage to your natural hair or the bonds of the extensions. Tie your hair back during exercise, avoid rough physical activities, and wash your hair within 12-24 hours of intense perspiration to prevent matting at the roots. Your stylist can provide tailored recommendations for your activity level and hair type.
So there you have it! With the right prep, application, and aftercare, tape extensions can give you gorgeous, natural-looking length and volume for months on end. Just be careful with gently brushing, regular trims, and avoiding harsh products. And don’t forget – hydration is key for keeping those tapes secure and your real hair healthy. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be rocking those beautiful hair like a pro.